Our Jewishness and humanity has always called on us to leave the world better than we found it.
- We must slash emissions by >50% this decade to restore a stable environment for us and the next generation. We are not on track.
- The solutions and technology are ready. We need political decision-makers to step up.
- Federal politicians can unlock the money, laws and incentives we need to accelerate progress.
- But they won't do it unless we ask for and support them to do it. Every voice counts.
Step 1: Enter your details. This will bring up all of the candidates in your electorate.
Step 2: Submit our pre-written text/edit your own. You can edit this as much or as little as you like. The email will be directly from you, so feel free to make it your own unique voice.
Step 3: Once you've taken action, share this with 3 people - power in numbers!
Step 4: Feel proud - Shkoyach! You're part of a clear Australian Jewish voice calling for climate solutions.
Hot tips about tone
Be direct, but respectful - Candidates are people. And people tend to get defensive if attacked or insulted. Choose direct encouragement over vitriol. Put aside differences for the sake of our future.
- If you intend to modify the template email, it can be powerful to add: "I have always voted for you/[X] party" or "I'm considering voting for you" (if this is true for you). This sentiment shows that you don't represent a fringe voice, but a mainstream part of their voter base.
Want more detail?
Further points to have under your belt if you’re interested:
- We have all the cheap, clean technology needed to run this country on 100% renewables way faster than our current path - we can also export it to other nations to help them reach zero emissions.
- Our political allies have set far more ambitious emissions-reduction targets than us - Without a target, we don't know where we're going.
- This is a joint project between private and public spheres - we need private sector money and business is already moving ahead quickly. But without the public laws, regulations and incentives implemented by political leaders, we will not move fast enough to a zero emissions world.
- Expert agencies have told us we don’t need any new coal or gas - The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) confirms this. We need to do everything we can to prepare our electricity grid to receive 100% of its energy from renewable sources by 2030.
- Climate impacts are increasing… Bushfires, heatwaves and natural disasters of all kinds - in Aus and the world over - are more frequent, intense and prolonged.
Want even more detail?
Specific Federal policies you can promote if you would like:
100% renewable electricity by 2030 + renewable energy exports - from sun, wind and other renewable power and storage. No new coal or gas projects or the expansion of existing ones. Accelerate clean energy industries for export to the rest of the world.
An electric transport plan - A national plan for transitioning all cars, trains and buses in Australia to electric vehicles. Plus the infrastructure and incentives to make that happen as fast as possible.
An electric buildings plan - A national plan to achieve 100% electric residential, commercial and industrial buildings in Australia. This will slash our emissions when buildings source all their power from renewables.
- A plan for protecting forests and trees - A national plan that protects all of Australia’s old-growth forests and key carbon-sucking ecosystems.
The Million Jobs Plan (prepared by Beyond Zero Emissions), shows how in just five years, renewables and low emissions projects can deliver 1.8 million new jobs across Australia.